Want a quick glimpse into what’s going on in the world of podcasting? Below, you’ll find a round-up of news articles about all things podcasts for the month. Happy listening!
- Sam Elliott on The Power of the Dog: ‘Where’s the Western in This Western?’ by Vulture
- Sam Elliott shared his thoughts on Oscar nominee The Power of the Dog on WTF with Marc Maron (Episode 1309 – Sam Elliott)—and his interview went viral on social media.
- “iHeartRadio modernizes the radio call-in with launch of ‘Talk Back,’ a tool for sending voice messages to show hosts” by TechCrunch
- Times are changing! In the spirit of making podcasts more interactive, this new feature will allow listeners to connect with hosts with ease.
- “‘Its Been A Minute’ Host Sam Sanders Exiting NPR, But Show Will Continue.” by Inside Radio
- If you’re a fan of Its Been A Minute, you may have already heard the news—longtime host Sam Sanders is leaving. Check out the link for Sam’s kind words to everyone who has supported the show.
- “LinkedIn debuts its own podcast network” by TechCrunch
- If you’re seeking podcasts with a professional focus, LinkedIn has rolled out a network of its own! Let us know if you check out any episodes—we’d love to hear what you think.
- Podcasts Become Important News Source, Especially For Young Adults According To Pew Survey. by Inside Radio
- This Pew Survey has some interesting data on the way we take in information—not surprising to most podcast lovers, but it’s useful information for anyone seeking to start a show of their own and looking for strong data points.
- Podcast Movement Evolutions Announced Keynote Speakers by PodcasterNews
- Are you attending Podcast Movement Evolutions? The conference is taking place March 23-26 in LA. Let us know if you’re attending or any highlights!
That’s it for the March 2022 news round-up. For more podcasting news, listen to our latest podcast episode: